Mount Kenya University Rwanda campus in Kagarama, Kicukiro district is an aesthetic jewel within easy reach from Kigali city center and its suburbs. It is well served by public transport and is reachable within fifteen minutes’ drive from the city center.
The campus is an innovative architectural masterpiece skillfully designed to guide the future growth of the university in Rwanda and its precinct. The Campus is visionary and practical and shaped by the university’s commitment to excellence and sustainability and the need to address its academic goals as well as in keeping with Rwanda’s vision 2020.
The center has the capacity to house over 5,000 students and has been constructed bearing in mind the following:
- A commitment to design excellence. The university has been built on four storied floors to reflect the goals, vision and principals of Kigali’s master plan.
- Proximity to Kigali city center, hotels, industries, hospitals for referral studies and schools for sharing of knowledge and extra-curricular activities.
- Building and enhancing pride in the community as well as creating more job opportunities.
- Mount Kenya University Rwanda’s “People First Policy” ensuring a pedestrian campus with green open spaces, study Villas, informal meeting places, access to public transportation and an environment conducive to academic excellence and a vibrant student life.
The campus boasts the following facilities:
- Administration block
- Library holding over five hundred items and excellent IT facilities
- School departments
- Science laboratories
- Sports department
- The Pavilion
- Radio Station. Royal FM
- Students’ Hostel
- Staff Welfare Canteen
- Modern Hospitality facility
- Indoor and outdoor games